Ahead of its 25th anniversary celebration in February, Scotiabank Arena, operated by Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE), has announced a significant investment in a comprehensive venue upgrade. The Scotiabank Arena Venue Reimagination project, with a budget exceeding $350 million, aims to elevate the arena’s status as a premier sports and entertainment destination.
The multi-phase renovation plan encompasses various areas within the venue, including concourses, suites, premium clubs, retail spaces, food and beverage offerings, and state-of-the-art technological innovations. This project builds upon extensive renovations carried out this summer on the Mastercard Executive Suites level and technological enhancements in the concourses, aimed at enhancing the fan experience.
“This investment by MLSE’s owners is another important example of their commitment to further building on Scotiabank Arena’s global reputation as well as a commitment to our teams, employees, and most importantly, to our fans,” said Cynthia Devine, interim president and CEO of MLSE.
The Scotiabank Arena Venue Reimagination project is a collaborative effort involving Brisbin, Brook, Beynon Architects, DesignAgency, owner’s representative firm CAA ICON, and PCL Construction.
Summer 2023 activities under the project included:
- The introduction of the Mastercard Lounge, a unique shared members’ space on the 200 Level, offering premium viewing and dining experiences.
- A complete remodel of the Mastercard Executive Suites, featuring high-end finishes, enhanced technology, and convertible accessible seating.
- The addition of two concession marketplaces equipped with Amazon’s Just Walk Out technology, eliminating checkout lines.
Looking ahead to Summer 2024, plans include:
- A full renovation of the 100 Level concourse with a modern and fan-friendly design.
- Modernized concession stands for faster service and a diverse food selection.
- Expansion of Real Sports Apparel and the refreshment of Hot Stove restaurant.
- The introduction of an all-new Tunnel Club on the Event Level.
- Redesigned Gate 6 broadcast studio to enhance the viewing experience for fans at home.
“From concourse innovations, to premium space design, to the storied art on our walls, it was crucial to us to ensure this Scotiabank Arena Venue Reimagination featured improvements that all fans can benefit from,” said Nick Eaves, chief venues and operations officer, MLSE. “Beginning with the momentum from the renovations made this past summer, we look forward to unveiling to fans the best-in-class design, technology and overall atmosphere enhancements over the course of this multi-phased project that take our fans’ sports and entertainment experience to even greater heights.”
Further updates, including a design reinvigoration of the 300 Level concourse and dedicated artist and talent spaces, will be announced in the future.