There are so many countries in the world, and you may find it challenging to decide which one to visit next. Today we will talk about traveling to the United States. Whether you have already been to this country or not, it still has many things to offer. Here are six reasons to spend your next vacation in the US.
1. Attend the Best Fall Festivals
Are you a big fan of festivals? If so, here are a few ideas of where you can have fun this fall:
- Adirondack Balloon Festival. Drive to the Queensbury, New York, in the majestic Adirondack region to ride in a hot air balloon.
- Oktoberfest Zinzinnati. Enjoy authentic German beer, food, and music in Cincinnati, OH without flying to Europe.
- Santa Fe Wine & Chile Fiesta. Visit Santa Fe, New Mexico, and take part in a grand tasting of the best wine in the region.
- The Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze. Explore historic Van Cortlandt Manor in Hudson Valley (Croton-On-Hudson) NY, and get into the Halloween spirit.
- Damariscotta Pumpkinfest & Regatta. Visit Damariscotta, Maine to see pumpkin art, a pumpkin parade, a pumpkin regatta, and taste great food.
2. Admire the Beauty of the Fall Season
Fall is the most vivid season of all. Hues of green, gold, and crimson create breathtaking sceneries to enjoy. If you want to see the fall in all its beauty, go to Zion National Park, Acadia National Park, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Grand Teton National Park, or Shenandoah National Park – the views will not leave you indifferent.
3. Communicate Freely
If you don’t speak languages other than English, the US is a perfect travel destination for you. In this country, you can communicate with locals in your native language – there is no language barrier that may interfere with your travel experience.
4. Travel Safely
Compared to many foreign countries like Venezuela, Brazil, and Yemen, the United States is considered a very safe place for tourists. Whether you travel with a friend or alone, you can enjoy your trip without risking being robbed. Just watch your belongings like you usually do here in Canada, and you will not face any safety issues.
5. Meet New People
Have no one to go on a trip with? When you travel to the United States, it’s not an issue. You can use a dating app to meet new people and make your trip even more memorable. Find a single woman or man who shares your interests and explore a city together. You will see the US the way the locals see it – it will be the best travel experience ever.
6. Take Advantage of Short Travel Time
Do you have only one week off and want to get the most out of your trip? Go to the USA – spend less time on the plane and have more time to relax. Flight time from Toronto to New York is one hour 35 minutes, to Chicago – two hours, to Miami – three hours 15 minutes. So whatever US city you choose, you will get there really quickly.
Just for comparison: travel time from Toronto to Berlin is nine and a half hours, Rio de Janeiro – 13+ hours, to Bangkok – 20+ hours. If you want to travel to Europe, Asia, or Latin America, you should better save your plans for later – you need at least two weeks to enjoy your trip to such faraway destinations.
The United States has everything a tourist may want to visit: from beautiful national parks and modern art museums to old manor houses and fancy restaurants. Whatever your traveling preferences, you will find fun things to do in this country while being safe and communicating freely.
Photo by Tim Mossholder, Pexels
Other articles from totimes.ca – otttimes.ca – mtltimes.ca